Alt codes

Discussion in 'Beginners Section' started by RMM, Aug 13, 2013.

1. RMM

RMM New Member

Please, somebody help me here.

Maybe I am missing something, but I can't figure out how to input alt codes using the keyboard of my Asus Zenbook Ux32VD.

Other laptops that doesn't have a numpad at least let you use Fn+Alt+normal numbers or Fn+Alt+some substitute keys (7,8,9,u,i,o,j,k,l). Also, some laptops keep a numlock key (or let you use it through Fn key) and then you can use the normal numbers as you would numpad numbers. However, I am at my wits end here with Zenbook keyboard. Not even the virtual keyboard that comes with Windows 7 can be used for this (already tried it and it only recognize alt codes of one digit by clicking the virtual alt button, it doesn't work pressing the real alt key).

So, is there a way (any way) for me to input alt codes? Even if not an official solution from Asus, maybe a workaround using some software? Of course I can copy-paste or I can have some kind of key-combination depending on the program, but that's the problem, I use several programs for writing and not all of the let me create those combinations (but all of them recognize alt codes properly with a numpad). A USB numpad is not a real solution either.

Such an annoying and incomprehensible flaw.