Bios restore failed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DBA15, Nov 22, 2012.

1. DBA15

DBA15 New Member

I have a ux32 dh71. Yesterday I made the choice in the bios to restore the factory defaults. After making that choice and then doing a save and exit, now my computer won't boot. When it powers up, the keyboard lights up and the fans turn on, but there's no video. Seems like I'm stuck. Help! Appreciate any ideas.

2. acana79

acana79 New Member

Hi, i have the same issue. Uppdaterad My u500vz with the latest bios downloaded from asus. After the first reboot my laptop spinns up the fan to max rpm, keyboard light is fully lit but no post or anything.

Any suggestions what might be the problem. Is there an advanced bios recovery tool.
    Help is greatly appreciated,

3. DBA15

DBA15 New Member

I only had my computer for about 1 week before this happened to me. Solution in my case was to contact ASUS and get an RMA. Sent it in for repair and it was returned to me in about 3 weeks. The problem was a defective motherboard and they replaced with a new one. Heard lots of bad stories about ASUS warranty service. Disappointing to buy a new computer and find out that it is defective, but my experience with ASUS warranty service was quite good.

acana79 likes this.
  4. JRW-910

JRW-910 Administrator Staff Member

ASUS support has RMA'd many Zenbooks of members here. Contact them... it doesn't sound like you are going to be able to do anything about that issue.

Good luck and report back.

-JRW

acana79 likes this.
  5. acana79

acana79 New Member

Thanks guys for quick replies! :)

I guess I'll contact ASUS once more for an service/RMA inquiry.
    Will update the forum with a service quality statement afterwards.

Regards Andreas

6. acana79

acana79 New Member

So....4 weeks later my laptop has been repaired. They needed to replace the motherboard. I'm guessing the BIOS chip was fried and couldn't be re-flashed.
    Anyway, up and running again after a painful half a day of re-formatting the drive and getting rid of the shitty Windows edition manufactures insist shipping their laptops with.
    Glad to have it up to full strength again, though. When working, it is quite the PC.

7. JRW-910

JRW-910 Administrator Staff Member

That's great to hear. Enjoy your 'like new' Zenbook!

-JRW