Bluetooth problems

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by DAA, Oct 17, 2015.

1. DAA

DAA New Member

Hi, all!

I’m having a tricky issue with my Bluetooth and I hope someone can help.

My Bluetooth has not worked for some time. Particularly, I haven’t been able to connect to BT-devices (such as speakers), even though they connect to other devices (such as my mobile).

I started out trying to update my BT driver, but this didn’t work out. I got an error message saying that the “Bluetooth Device Monitor” service was not working properly. I looked into that, and it turned out that the file devmonsrv.exe – which runs the service – was missing from my BT-folder (I understand this file is sometimes wrongly identified as malicious by AVG and the like). After some searching I downloaded that file to my PC (not sure what version, if there are several, it was). I placed the file into my BT-folder. The Bluetooth Device Monitor service then started up for a bit, but after I rebooted my computer the service was gone from the services.msc list; not just stopped – completely gone. I have not been able to add it back to the list ever since (I did restore the Bluetooth Support Service; it did not help).

I’m running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on an Asus Zenbook. The BT-card is an Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235.

Any ideas?