Can't Wake From Sleep

Discussion in 'Zenbook' started by Anthony Catalano, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Anthony Catalano

Anthony Catalano New Member

Just got the UX31 (i5 version) for my wife's business. Set it up and got Office and virus software (MS Essentials running). I t appears hibernate works fine, but when I put into sleep mode, although the power button LED and the caps lock LED are lit, I cannot wake up the unit by "pressing any key" as the manual says. I have gone thru the power settings several times and changed the settings so now it goes into hibernate mode after a long wait, but only goes into suspend if the lid is closed. But again doing so puts it into a state from which it cannot wake.

Any ideas? Maybe an update for this?

2. Carlo Manconi

Carlo Manconi New Member

Hi Anthony,

I've got exactly the same version and the same problem with my wife's UX31 :-( Currently seems here is no way to wake up the notbok! How did you wake it up after this problem?

Grazie,

Carlo.

3. Anthony Catalano

Anthony Catalano New Member

Carlo
    We have not solved it. The only way to recover is to do a "hard" shutdown by holding the power button down for several seconds, then restarting the machine by pressing the power button again. The computer/Windows 7 regards this as an error so asks if you want to reboot into "safe mode" I just ignore this. Its quite a pain and yours is the only reply I have received. Asus does not seem to care or does not monitor this forum.

Grazie,
    Tony

4. Carlo Manconi

Carlo Manconi New Member

Many thanks, man!

5. JBC

JBC New Member

I have exactly the same problem. Has anyone found any help yet?

6. Carlo Manconi

Carlo Manconi New Member

In my case it now got worste: can't wake at all!
    Asus technical support told me that the only solution is to backup data and reinstall the OS :-( :-( :-(

7. teza

teza New Member

I also have the same problem. It happens randomly and requires me to switch in on and off at the power button a number of times before it starts again. There seems to be a number of issues with the zen - not too impressed with it now that all these problems are starting to appear.

8. teza

teza New Member

Well things got even worse for me this morning - could not wake the computer at all. So I left it switched on (power light on) on until the battery was flat and then plugged in the power source and managed to boot it up. Have removed all sleep options. Time will tell if that helps.

9. James Little

James Little New Member

im having the same issue. Any suggestions yet? Thanks

10. teza

teza New Member

I contacted Asus support and they instructed me to send it in to their service agent for repair. It was still under warranty. There was an issue with a power component that has been replaced and it is on its way back to me. So I suggest you contact Asus support.

11. aghrab75

aghrab75 New Member

I've got a UX32VD with exact same problem. Before at the wake up session I used to get an Asus logo and after that a message telling me that the computer was not shutted down proppely. Later after alot of driver updates I started to get blue screens. I sent the zenbook to service (they said that they changed BOX 3A, BATTERY INSIDE, ADAPTER) and got back today and I have stille almost the same problem. This time the screen just goes black and doesn't turn on. The only way to wake up the computer is to hold down the power button down in over 5 sec and then it will restart and then it tells me that the computer was not shut down propperly.

12. Dario

Dario New Member

I have the same problem with my UX31E , has anyone figured out how to solve this?
    I contacted Asus support and they suggested to reinstall OS, which I did: it didn't help. I sent them the computer but they did not fix the problem.

Would you try to update the BIOS?

Thank you,

Dario

13. paul

paul New Member

The fix for this is on ebay , item #221254626997 just read the description it explains why this happens and how to fix it for 32.00

14. David S.

David S. New Member

There is a part that's works loose due to a faulty clip. Though it will likely recur, watch this video to learn how to repair the problem with unresponsive keys (power in this case).

15. JRW-910

JRW-910 Administrator Staff Member

Very cool!

-JRW

16. Rado

Rado New Member

Do you have that leather cover with magnetic clips? I had a same problem with UX32A . I was putting that cover under my UX32A and came out that those magnetic clips was affecting some sensors inside.. I've cut them out and problem was gone ;) Let me know if it help de3p@seznam.cz