Continual issues with Asus Zenbook UX32A...anyone else?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luke Connolly, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Luke Connolly

Luke Connolly New Member

Hi Guys,

Long story short - the laptop is just about to hit the 1 year mark and I've had nothing but problems. I've returned it three times, and the motherboard has been replaced twice. I was going to return again but they said as the 2nd return didn't receive any changes, it wasn't classed as a proper repair return... wow.

Anyhow, I'm back with issues - no sooner have I cancelled a collection order as I'm sick of being without it. Previous problems include the Zenbook powering itself off suddenly - despite having plenty of battery; the touchpad will stop working whenever it likes (what's the hotkeys for that anyone) and now this:

- Google Chrome lags (I only really use my laptop, at the moment at least, online for work and such) and the fan is heard making a LOT of noise. It goes crazy for a short while (sometimes up to 2 mins) then is quiet...Anyone have any ideas?

Also, because the motherboard has been replaced twice, will that be covered by its own 12 month warranty? I'm thinking of getting it insured tbh...having an 'accident' and getting a new one if poss.

Any advice, discussion would be great. Cheers all.