my first post! consists of several annoytations with the zenbook

Discussion in 'Beginners Section' started by Lasse, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Lasse

Lasse New Member

I have just bought a Zenbook UX31E and I am quite unhappy with it. Hope you can help me improve my Asus-Experience

Problem 1.: When i watch movies in VLC player, it turns off the sound completely during a "silent scene" in the movie. Like its some kind of powersaving mode. Soundsetting?
    I checked the VLC forums, but didnt fint anything. So i assume it is not the software.

Problem 2.: In facebook pictureviewing, the twofinger scrollfunction browses to the next picture, instead of scrolling down to read comments. I want to turn off the change-pictucture-function and just keep the scroll down function.

Problem 3.: When i have a game open, and tab out of the game - when i tab back the brightness reduces massively. Perhaps some kind of 3D highperformance brightness setting?

Maybe you find my problems rediculous but i have no where else to turn. Do I?
    Hope you can help me

-Lasse

2. JRW-910

JRW-910 Administrator Staff Member

These are interesting issues. I'll take some time and try to replicate them and let you know my findings.

1) Were you listening to the movie with the on-board speakers or with headphones when this happened?

-JRW

3. Lasse

Lasse New Member

Thank you for your reply.
    When i watch movies, i plug in a jackstick and recieve sound through my stereo(AUX)

4. Lasse

Lasse New Member

I think my 3rd issue, with the brightness is caused by the game itself. I have read some forums, and it seems there is a directX issue between the game, and my graphic card.
    So I guess it's "unfixable" at the moment :)

5. JRW-910

JRW-910 Administrator Staff Member

What game?

-JRW

6. Lasse

Lasse New Member

Heroes of Newerth