Power Plug Issue

Discussion in 'Zenbook' started by Linuxmint, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Linuxmint

Linuxmint New Member

when i plug in the power connector the ux21 zenbook will reboot! not every time but mostly when the akku-power is realy less (<20%). I tried to use diferent power options (asus) but no solution..

power4gear, powerwiz are installed and the system is up to date (i reinstalled the system - i hoped it will solve the problem...)

can somebody help me?

2. traffas

traffas New Member

I have the same problem. I hope someone figures out a fix.

3. Schminke

Schminke New Member

When I unplug my AC adapter, my zenbook shuts down even though battery life reads 100%.

4. Emilia

Emilia New Member

I have exactly the same problem. What´s the solution? Can be software mistake? Or only hardware?

5. ricardo fabrin

ricardo fabrin New Member

any news for this issue?

6. Kedar

Kedar New Member

Same problem... still.

Power cord accidentally slips out (which is a problem in itself!) -- well, 70% of the time I expect a shutdown. It's really really frustrating.

And now I have to use this thing as a desktop. If I'm working on something important online that I can't save, I have to hibernate it, unplug, then start it back.

7. BradM

BradM New Member

I'm having the same issue. I read on some other blogs that some similar shutdown issues were solved by updating the bios. Flashed the BIOS up to 214 but didn't help.

Don't think its related (reading the blogs on this laptop it seems to be a pretty common complaint) but my fan is also very loud when plugged in?

Any ideas anyone?