UX32VD Bios Version 207 / Manage fan speed

Discussion in 'Zenbook UX32' started by Buzzwave, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Buzzwave

Buzzwave New Member

Hi,

there are actually two download pages by ASUS that provide files for Bios update (last checked on August 19th 2012):

http://www.asus.de/Notebooks/Superior_Mobility/ASUS_ZENBOOK_UX32VD/#download
    Provides version 203 and 206

http://nbtsd.asustreiber.de/BIOS/UX-Serie/
    Provides version 209, version 207 is not available any more

Right now I have 206 installed and have a noisy fan sometimes running full speed. Unfortunately I don't have a changelog for the different bios versions. 207 shall fix the problem. But I read from people having it with version 209. However I would like to collect some more opinions on this.
    And personally I would like to do the update to 207 first and if I still like to do a bios update later, I can always go to 209. A downgrade on the other hand may not be possible.

So my questions:
    Did you experience a noisy full speed fan on UX32VD? With what bios version? Did an update help?

And: Can anyone please provide a download link to the bios version 207 (UX32VDAS.207.zip)?

Thanks in advance

2. Ryland Johnson

Ryland Johnson New Member

I fear this forum is dead. Try notebook forum and the Asus section.

regards,

Ryland

3. JRW-910

JRW-910 Administrator Staff Member

I have run both versions and haven't noticed overly much fan noise. I can hear the difference between when its running and when its not, but I don't find it overly distracting. Compared to other laptops / ultrabooks / netbooks that I have used, I find the Zenbook's fan to be pretty quiet.

That being said, the fan should not be running at all times. Does it turn off at all?

-JRW

4. Buzzwave

Buzzwave New Member

Yes, it is turning off. But when booting up it runs on full speed for a while and it also does from time to time when running. Could happen that it runs fullspeed for a couple of minutes. And when it does it is remarkable noisy. I mean the fans are okay I guess. There are other notebooks that are louder when fans run full speed. But it is disturbing and that's why ASUS fixed fan management.

So do you still have the bios flash files on your hard disk? Could you please upload the one for 207?